Pinterest is a fantastic virtual showcase and an essential network if your target audience is young women used to shopping online, although the number of male visitors is increasing day by day. Even so, there are many companies that do not know their enormous potential. Are you going to miss the opportunity to differentiate yourself from your competition?
5 Ways to boost your online store on Pinterest
If you have a business in the retail sector , do not hesitate. The big ones set the trend (never better said) and you can check it by visiting the pages of Zara , with 87,000 followers or Mango , with 58,000. If we talk about international brands, here are some examples: Gap , Abercrombie & Fitch , Lacoste , Burberry or Louis Vuitton .
Pinterest compiled the most popular female fashion pins of 2013 and also those of men’s fashion . But not only trendy lives Pinterest! Decoration , technology , weddings or cars are very popular, as well as tourist destinations , crafts or design . But … how to boost your online store through Pinterest?
1. It provides its own content . The majority of the users ( 80% ) repine the contents that are already available in the network. That’s why you should spend time uploading the images from your store to Pinterest. Do it from your own store, so that when your user sees the image of the article that he likes, he can know its origin and visit your store directly. I show you some examples:
As you can see, just below the image there is a text that says “Found in amazon.com”. If you click on that link you will access the page where you can find the article.
2. Use good quality images , attractive , with clear backgrounds and slightly over exposed . Surely you do not neglect the showcase of your physical business (if you have one). You prepare it with detail and care, you think about the best composition, you light it up conveniently and you worry about renewing it frequently. In addition to showing the campaigns or promotions that you have in force at all times.
On Pinterest you should have those same considerations. Invests in professional images because that will make the difference between getting a virtual visit or having the client pass by .
3. Insert descriptive texts in your images. Users look for articles that interest them, in addition to going through the pins shared by the people they follow. If you sell bracelets, candles or cloth bags, include the name of your article and its main features so that it can appear in the users’ search criteria. The description is up to you and you can see it just below the “Found in” in the image above.
4. Optimize your profile , boards and pins . As with the rest of social networks, it is important that you fill in all the fields , include the link to your online store , create boards with the most appropriate keywords for your business and describe the pins in detail.
Here is an example of how they describe the product board of the online store in Olivia Soaps . Do not forget to describe your boards too!
5. Facilitate the option of pinning your customers. If your potential customer is a Pinterest user, it is more than likely that you have the “Pin it” button in your browser. You can install it by clicking here . But, apart from this, it is important that the images of your online store can be pinned, as well as those of your blog.
Following the previous example, when you browse the online store, each item has the corresponding “Pin it” button . You can see one of them in the image, but all the articles have the option and you can see the button when you hover over them.
Social Media10 months ago
How to Choose The Most Appropriate Social Networks for Your Business
SEO12 months ago
Tips To Compose A Professional SEO Article
Case Study8 months ago
Professional Emailing – An Essential tool for any SME
Blogging8 months ago
Guest Blogging: Creating Blogger Partnerships to Boost SEO
SEO8 months ago
Google assistant on iPad: SEO and Voice Search at the top!
Blogging9 months ago
Digital training put the Accelerator in 2018
Marketing10 months ago
Effective Facebook Marketing – What You Need to Know
Marketing10 months ago
Top 5 Facts – How can Twitter Promote your Business?